Thursday, May 04, 2006

i wish i would hear you. but i am afraid i truly don't.

when do we know that our thoughts have run all the way through wherever they need to go before they can be trusted not to change.

for a month. for a day. for a minute.

this world is so set on fixed ideas, beliefs, positions and morals. it scares me how we judge those who change their minds in public. we celebrate democracy but we despise those who actually embrace its core value. we push them away as weak. as uncertain and look upon them as if they are the ones who had not thought life through on a deep enough level. it scares me.

i am so set in my ways. i know what i feel. what i need. what i dream of. for me. for you. for everything. i am no clean slate every morning. i do not meet those different from myself eager to hear them out. longing to disrupt my own truth.

i love when people confront prejudice. in me. but that is only when i feel that i know that some things in me are clashing with how i want to think. to feel. moral dilemma no more.

i love the grey but i fear how we step in our own ways of actually living there.

No comments: