Wednesday, May 17, 2006

on image

so, i don't care very much about image. i haven't paid very much attention to this fact before, but it is apparently so. i live my life very much in the spirit of "if you get the wrong impression based on prejudice - your loss". now this all boils down to that in the end, all the unpretty and useless sides aside, i really like myself. not in an "oh my gosh - i'm gorgeous"-way, but in an "i intend to stick with what i've got going on here"-way. and based in this (disillusion?), i just don't bother about those who glance at my surface, work me all out and then shake their heads. i won't ever force anyone to stick around at gun point.

this, of course, is somewhat of a lousy strategy since i myself judge others by first impression quite frequently. more rule than exception really. (like i told you: unpretty and useless sides as well.) but those people are my loss for not knowing, not theirs. of this i am very clear and certain.

and in a twisted way, with me, what you first see is both exactly and yet nothing at all like what you get in the end. and the conclusion of today's words of wisdom from your heroine of love is that; if you don't force people to stick around and you don't change about yourself what they don't like about you, then all the friends you end up with in the end will be the ones who actually love you. and who will stick by you. come rain or come shine. and i love them too, and i would any day shout it out from the highest of mountain peaks.

No comments: